Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A BIT OF NOSTALGIA

As the days were passing by many of us, at least myself were starting to feel homesick and were looking forward to arriving home. But, after all the activities, both academic and cultural here, with detours to Cleveland, Pittsburg, today suddenly I am feeling nostalgic to this place - mainly to Ohio University, Athens city and University Courtyards which has becxome the second home to all of us. We became used to the daily grind of arriving at Scripps Hall or RTV building everyday by 8.15 and return back in the evening tired with all the days' works under strict taskmasters (it is a complement).
But, the things I would be missing include Baker Centre caffe, the Chinese, Mexican and the Indian resturants on the main street which became our destinations everyday at noon for lunch, the tree-lined nice campus of OU and of course Walmart and Kroeger's.
Probably, as I myself grew up in a small town tucked away in the north-easternmost corner of the great country India, maybe I feel more at ease with such places like Athens. And my present university is also a small and cosy campus somewhat like OU.
Now, with a sad heart I bid Athens and OU a broad 'adeiu'.
YOU WILL ALWAYS REMAIN VERY ACTIVELY IN A PROMINENT CORNER OF MY HEART. IT WILL BE MY ENDEAVOUR TO RETURN BACK TO THIS GREAT CAMPUS AND THE TOWN AT LEASTR ONCE IN MY LIFETIME.
We meet to part and part to meet somewhere sometime in life.
So long, freinds.
ABHIJIT,
#SUSI 2010

No comments: