Friday, August 13, 2010

SUSI 2010 TEAM YOU HAVE MADE IT

LET'S MAKE A PLEDGE :
It is 7.30 of a nice bright morning at New Delhi and I am sitting at the departure Lounge of the Indira Gandhi International Airport for my last leg of the journey to Sweet Home Sweet. It is a two hour journey but I am an indirect flight so it will take three-and-a-half hours in all.
Well, I had to spent about 8 / 9 hours at the airport after I landed up here at 12.30 last night from Frankfurt (Lufthansa). So during this period of solitude, the feeling that disturbed me the most was the sudden break from the enthusiastic and Gung Ho activeness everyone - right from the hosts to the Internationalists - of the SUSI 2010 team, whether it is Athens, Cleveland, Pittsburg, Atlanta or even Washington DC.
I am missing these days very much.
You see we meet to part and part to meet somehwere sometime again, though there might be hardly any chance of meeting a few of you which saddens me the most.
For me, all the academic, cultural as well as the practical exposure to each and everything that we did have been one GEM of an experience of a lifetime. I shall be cherishing them throughout my life.
Well, I am a pessimist to a big extent. But if I can be proved wrong in meeeting you people once again, I would be the happiest person in this world.
Let us make a pledge right here that even if not possible to meet personally, we shall keep ourselves as one the only SUSI 2010 Team of Internationalists at least by CYBERICALLY / TELEPATHICALLY.
By the way, my wife sends her regards and best wishes to you all for the creation of a family-like atmosphere during the entire period of the programme.
HATS OFF TO YOU EVERYONE - SUSI 2010 - BOTH HOSTS AND PARTICIPANTS - YOU HAVE DONE IT WITH FULL MARKS.
ABHIJIT, (INDIAN VAGABOND),
7.45 A. M., AUGUST 14 (WE ARE ONE DAY AHEAD OF U.S.A. BECAUSE OF TIME ZONE.

No comments: