Monday, August 13, 2012

London 2012: Thanks For the Memories


As I sit here in my flat at the University of Surrey, I'm struggling to wrap my head around the fact that today is really August 13.

For the past several months all I could think about was London: what I was going to pack, where I wanted to visit, and what types of stories I was hoping to pursue. Now, though, it's over and in just two hours I'll be turning in my key, hopping on a plane and flying out of the UK for what could very well be the last time.
Fortunately, I'll have some incredible memories to take back with me.

We had our ups and downs out here in London, sure, but it's the ups that I'm always going to remember:
Interviewing NBA superstars. "USA" chants at Olympic Stadium. Wetherspoon's. Turning 15 strangers into 15 friends.

I could sit here all day and list the issues we encountered, the plans that could have run smoother and the mistakes we made along the way, but when I'm 90 years old reflecting on this trip, those things won't even cross my mind.

Instead, I'll be thinking about Trafalgar Square at the opening ceremonies, the late night train rides back to Guildford, and the awesome people I was lucky enough to enjoy this amazing experience with.

Thanks for the memories, everyone.

No comments: